Fresh Tofu Spring Rolls with Peanut & Ginger Sauce
August 13, 2020
It has been brutally hot in Denver the past few weeks, which means that Caldo Verde soup recipe I shared at the beginning of summer has absolutely been on the back burner until Autumn arrives! In its place have been these wonderfully fresh spring rolls. Please give these a try! They’ve been a hit with my whole family so far.
The beauty about these spring rolls is you can put absolutely whatever you want in them to suit your liking! It’s also easy enough to prep everything the day before so lunch assembly the following day is a breeze.
Don’t be afraid to pull funny faces in order to enjoy eating these juicy beauties! It’s absolutely worth it.
(The following are ingredient recommendations based on what I like in mine. I suggest adjusting quantities/ingredients to your liking)
FRESH SPRING ROLLS RECIPE:
Prep time: 40 mins
Ingredients for Roll
- Spring roll paper
- Seaweed sheets
- Bell peppers
- Red onion
- Extra firm tofu
Ingredients for Sauce
- Peanut (or any nut) butter
- Coconut aminos
- Lime juice
- Water for getting your desired consistency
- Slice tofu in strips and cook in coconut aminos on a non-stick frying pan until golden brown.
- Whilst tofu is cooking, blitz all sauce ingredients in a blender (I use a Ninja Bullet) until perfectly combined.
- Julienne all vegetables as thinly as possible – this helps to make the rolling easier and prevent tearing in the spring rolls paper.
- Follow instructions on the spring rolls paper packaging to prep the paper nicely before rolling.
- Put seaweed sheet down first onto rice paper and then add a little bit of every other ingredient.
- Fold paper (carefully) like a burrito and you’re done!